This is the perfect end-of-summer recipe for an afternoon in the sun accompanied We suggest accompanying with your favorite wine. Our favorite? Our 2013 Reserve Chardonnay.
Here's what you need:
- 3 figs, cut into quarters or eights
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oils
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 12 pieces of bruschetta
- 12 small arugula/rocket leaves
- Your favorite bottle of wine
- Toss the quartered figs with the olive oil and vinegar.
- Lay a slice of prosciutto on each piece of bruschetta.
- Arrange the fights and arugula/rocket leaves on top fo the prosciutto.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Open your favorite bottle of wine and enjoy immediately.
The original recipe appeared in one of our favorite cookbooks, Wine Bites by Barbara Scott-Goodman.
While it's prime fig season, what are some of your favorite fig recipes?